SMACNA-SOCAL retains the services of a Technical Consultant (Bill Blackstone) who is generally available two days a week, (Tuesday and Wednesday) to answer questions regarding SMACNA technical standards or assist in directing callers to sources to find solutions.
Services provided by Technical Consultant also include:
- Assisting chapter Executive Director in representing SMACNA-SOCAL in presenting, interpreting and disseminating technical information to:
- Specification Writers
- Contractors (as it relates to signatory membesr and specific needs).
- Working with contractors, engineers, specification writers and all others interested in NEBB services.
- Maintaining all technical communications with state and local government code governing agencies.
- Serving on all jurisdictional and technical committees as necessary to help influence contractor methods coupled with acceptable industry practices.